Why a VET Course is the Best Step After Your Australian English Course
Perhaps you are in Australia already or you are planning your trip to study English and pursue a professional or VET course. Not only does Australia have a great standard of living and lifestyle but the English and higher education courses are world class. VET courses are a great next step.
5 reasons a VET is your next best step after studying English:
- Gain a formal qualification to advance your chosen career.
- Take your English to the next level through real-life practise.
- You get to live, work and experience the best of Australia.
- You can network with other like-minded international students.
- Access your course online or in-person to suit your lifestyle.
The best way to get the ball rolling is to start to think about what you would like to study and where, whilst you are studying English. Before you come to Australia, even better.
Here are some tips on getting started with your VET course:
- Get clear on what career path excites you most
- Know your budget – how much do you have to invest in your studies?
- Choose your lifestyle – do you love the big city lights or prefer a laid back beach atmosphere?
- How much time do you have to invest?
- Do your research – base this on your preferences above. Which education providers and courses can meet all or most of your needs?
- Create a short-list and make contact (ideally whilst you are still studying English, or beforehand)
- Once chatting with a member of the team at your chosen education providers you will have a better idea if they are the right fit for you.
- Follow the guidance of your chosen education provider and the government resources to apply for studies & gain a student visa!
To make the transition seamless between your English and VET studies start to do your research today.